If you have a commercial relationship with Philips – as a (prospective) supplier, business customer or partner – we want to make sure that our relationship with you is founded upon transparency, clear accountability and trust. To manage this relationship with you and to ensure compliance with applicable laws, we may process personal data.
Why we process your personal data
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to communicate with you, e.g. by answering your requests or sending transactional communications;
- to initiate, plan, and maintain our (contractual) relationship with the customer, supplier or business partner you represent, e.g. by contracting, processing payments, accounting/billing/invoicing, managing credits, managing shipping and deliveries, handling repairs;
- [if you are a business Customer] to provide you with the requested product and services, such as providing technical support;
- [if you are a business Customer] to give you access to our Customer Service portal.
- to provide you or your representatives with trainings or demo sessions;
- [if you are a business Customer] to extend to you credit, upon your request.
- to ensure compliance with our General Business Principles and other applicable laws and regulations we are subject to, such as conducting screenings in order to assess what compliance and (commercial/credit) risks are associated with potential business relationships or collecting/responding to quality complaints regarding our medical devices.
What personal data we process
To manage our business relationship with you and ensure compliance with applicable laws, we process the following categories of personal data:
- contact information, such as full name, job title/role, business email, business address, business phone number;
- payment information, such as data necessary to process payments;
- Publicly available data, such as information relating to owners, majority shareholders, and top-level management or executives of our suppliers and business partners collected from trusted publicly available sources;
- Data you provide to us, for example when you interact with a Philips representative;
- Information about individuals that report adverse events or make quality complaints, including healthcare professionals, such as name, email, postal address.
- Device data, such as log-files.
Lawful basis for processing
The lawful bases we rely on to process your personal data for the purposes described in this section are:
- our need to perform a contract to which you are subject, or to take pre-contractual steps at your request.
- our legitimate interest, in particular our necessity to conduct business in a responsible manner and in line with local laws and regulations as well as to protect fundamental rights such as the right of defense, the right to property, and the freedom to conduct a business.
- our need to comply with legal obligations we are subject to.